Welcome to Day 29 of #JulyOT!!
This is part 7 of a series of posts to help you pass the AZ-220 Azure IoT Developer specialty exam. 10-15% of the AZ-220 exam will measure your ability to implement security.
The Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Technical Team, IoT Product Group, IoT Advocates, and Microsoft Worldwide Learning have collaborated to create this guide to help you prepare for the Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam!
Skills Measured: Implement Security
Implement security for IoT devices and services
- Implement device and gateway security, including shared access keys, key rotation, managed identities, Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), and Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
- Implement secure connections, including access control, authentication, shared access policies, and TLS
- Implement secure networking, including IP filtering and private endpoints
Implement Microsoft Defender for IoT
- Configure a Defender for IoT agent-based solution
- Install and configure Defender-IoT-micro-agents (security agents)
- Configure built-in and custom alerts for IoT Hub
NOTE: In most cases, exams do NOT cover preview features, and some features will only be added to an exam when they are GA (General Availability).
Microsoft Learn - Related Learning Paths
Enhance IoT solution security by using Azure Defender for IoT (4 Modules)
Learn about security considerations that apply at each level of the solution and the Azure services and tools that can be configured to address security concerns from the ground up.
Other Helpful Resources
- Azure IoT Blogs
- Azure IoT Reference Architecture
- Control access to Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service (DPS)
- Control access to IoT Hub using Shared Access Signatures
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Best Practices
- Microsoft Tech Community - IoT - Blogs and conversation spaces
- Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework for IoT: Security
- Network security for IoT Central using private endpoints
- Security recommendations for Azure Internet of Things (IoT) deployment
- Security Standards for Azure IoT Edge
- TLS Support for Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service (DPS)
- YouTube - Microsoft IoT Developers