Welcome to Day 28 of #JulyOT!!
This is part 6 of a series of posts to help you pass the AZ-220 Azure IoT Developer specialty exam. 15-20% of the AZ-220 exam will measure your ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize IoT solutions.
The Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Technical Team, IoT Product Group, IoT Advocates, and Microsoft Worldwide Learning have collaborated to create this guide to help you prepare for the Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam!
Skills Measured: Monitor, Troubleshoot, and Optimize IoT Solutions
Configure health monitoring
- Configure rules and alerts based on IoT Hub metrics
- Set up diagnostics logs for IoT Hub
- Apply Azure Policy definitions for IoT Hub
- Gather IoT Edge metrics
- Retrieve diagnostic logs from IoT Edge
Troubleshoot device communication
- Verify that device telemetry is received by IoT Hub
- Validate device twin properties, tags, and direct methods
- Troubleshoot device disconnects and connects
- Troubleshoot IoT Edge modules and devices
- Troubleshoot message loss
- Evaluate and test IoT Hub failover
NOTE: In most cases, exams do NOT cover preview features, and some features will only be added to an exam when they are GA (General Availability).
Microsoft Learn - Related Learning Paths
Monitor and troubleshoot an IoT solution by using Azure Monitor (3 Modules)
Learn about the solution monitoring tools available in Azure and how to apply them to the IoT Hub service, and how to create event logs that can be used to help troubleshoot your solution.
Other Helpful Resources
- Azure IoT Blogs
- Azure IoT Reference Architecture
- Comparing IoT Hub and Event Hubs
- Install and Use Azure IoT Explorer
- Microsoft Tech Community - IoT - Blogs and conversation spaces
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot device connectivity to Azure IoT Hub
- Monitoring Azure IoT Hub Data
- YouTube - Microsoft IoT Developers