Welcome to Day 25 of #JulyOT!!
This is part 3 of a series of posts to help you pass the AZ-220 Azure IoT Developer specialty exam. 15-20% of the AZ-220 exam will measure your ability to implement IoT Edge.
The Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Technical Team, IoT Product Group, IoT Advocates, and Microsoft Worldwide Learning have collaborated to create this guide to help you prepare for the Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam!
Skills Measured: Implement IoT Edge
Set up an IoT Edge device
- Create a device identity in IoT Hub
- Set up an IoT device for IoT Edge
- Install container runtime on IoT devices
- Configure container startup options to interact with the host system
- Update IoT Edge runtime
- Provision IoT Edge devices by using the device provisioning service
Deploy an IoT Edge device
- Create and implement a deployment manifest
- Create a deployment for a single IoT Edge device
- Create a deployment to target multiple devices
- Create a continuous deployment by using Azure DevOps
Develop IoT Edge modules
- Create and customize an IoT Edge module
- Deploy a custom IoT Edge module to an IoT Edge device
- Publish an IoT Edge module to Azure Container Registry
- Define module configuration
- Configure IoT Edge module routing
- Configure environment for IoT Edge development
Configure an IoT Edge device
- Select an appropriate gateway pattern
- Deploy an IoT gateway by using IoT Hub and IoT Edge
- Configure IoT Edge certificates
- Implement and configure offline support (including local storage)
- Create a layered hierarchy of IoT Edge devices
- Interact with the IoT Edge security manager
NOTE: In most cases, exams do NOT cover preview features, and some features will only be added to an exam when they are GA (General Availability).
Microsoft Learn - Related Learning Paths
Deploy Azure IoT Edge devices and modules (5 Modules)
Learn about the benefits provided by Azure IoT Edge, the IoT Edge runtime environment, IoT Edge device deployments, and IoT Edge gateway device patterns and capabilities.
Develop and deploy custom IoT Edge modules (4 Modules)
Learn about programming for the IoT Edge runtime environment, the tools and processes that are used to develop custom IoT Edge modules, and the support that IoT Edge provides for extended offline scenarios.
Other Helpful Resources
- Azure IoT Blogs
- Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows
- Azure IoT Hub Pricing
- Azure IoT Edge Security
- Azure IoT Reference Architecture
- End-to-end solution using Azure Machine Learning and IoT Edge
- Microsoft Tech Community - IoT - Blogs and conversation spaces
- Tutorial: Create a hierarchy of IoT Edge devices
- What is Azure IoT Edge?
- YouTube - Microsoft IoT Developers