Welcome to Day 23 of #JulyOT!!
This is part 1 of a series of posts to help you pass the AZ-220 Azure IoT Developer specialty exam. 10-15% of the AZ-220 exam will measure your ability to setup the IoT solution infrastructure.
The Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Technical Team, IoT Product Group, IoT Advocates, and Microsoft Worldwide Learning have collaborated to create this guide to help you prepare for the Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam!
Skills Measured: Setup the Azure IoT Solution Infrastructure
Create and configure an IoT hub
Build device messaging and communication
- Build messaging solutions by using SDKs (device and service)
- Implement device-to-cloud communication
- Implement cloud-to-device communication
- Configure file upload for devices
- Optimize message size and scaling for IoT Hub
- Connect to IoT Hub by using Transport Layer Security (TLS) server certificates
Configure physical IoT devices
- Recommend an appropriate protocol or gateway based on device specifications
- Configure device networking, topology, and connectivity
- Add IoT Plug and Play capabilities to a device in a model-driven solution
NOTE: In most cases, exams do NOT cover preview features, and some features will only be added to an exam when they are GA (General Availability).
Microsoft Learn - Related Learning Paths
Create Azure IoT services in the Azure portal (4 Modules)
Become familiar with the Azure portal to the Azure resources that are available for an IoT solution. Learners will step through the process of creating IoT Hub and Device Provisioning Service resources.
Implement IoT device communication by using the Azure IoT SDKs (4 Modules)
Learn about the IoT Hub service properties and limitations, the IoT device lifecycle, Azure IoT developer tools, and then you will implement communication between an IoT device and IoT Hub.
Other Helpful Resources
- Azure IoT Blogs
- Azure IoT Hub Pricing
- Azure IoT Reference Architecture
- Comparing IoT Hub and Event Hubs
- IoT Hub query language for device and module twins, jobs, and message routing
- IoT Hub Endpoints
- Message enrichments for device-to-cloud IoT Hub messages
- Microsoft Tech Community - IoT - Blogs and conversation spaces
- YouTube - Microsoft IoT Developers